CHARTER ON PATIENT SAFETY
Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where team members can discuss the challenges they face at work for the best interests of our patients. For patient safety we:
▪ Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines
▪ Use dental instruments that are single-use, single patient use or are sterilised after each patient use
▪ Decontaminate work areas including the dental chair, handheld equipment and cupboard handles, in between patients. (We try, wherever possible, not to go into cupboards and drawers during treatment procedures.
▪ Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
▪ Monitor practice water for quality. Dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear
▪ Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate carriers
▪ Take expert advice if a team member may have a blood-borne infection. The team member will have an occupational health examination and follow professional advice on their role in treating patients
All our team members are trained in safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and follow the practice safeguarding procedure, which is regularly monitored and reviewed.
As a member of CODE, the practice is kept up to date with the latest guidelines, good practice and regulations and we run a continuous improvement programme called iComply.
As the Practice Owner, I have overall responsibility for the practice. I lead and support the team through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals.
We always welcome questions, comments and suggestions from patients and the team. Please contact Marisa Tuncay the Practice Manager, if we can help you in any way.
The Practice Owner.
CODE Members’ Charter
Member practices are committed to providing a high standard of dental treatment in a safe and caring environment;
▪ Member practices are committed to following the latest regulations, legislation and guidelines including those for infection prevention and control and to this end members also adopt the CODE Patient Safety Charter;
▪ Member practices have policies and procedures that their team follow to ensure that high standards of care can be maintained;
▪ Member practices are equal opportunity employers and are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and personal growth in the dental team; and
▪ Member practices are committed to contributing to the knowledge, skills and positive public perception of the dental profession.
Our practice is delighted to follow the CODE Members’ Charter.
“… You come out feeling relaxed, soothed and completely unstressed… you actually feel healed when you leave the practice…” – Patient