Dr Shiehfung Tay
Specialist in Periodontics GDC No: 249371
MClinDent(Hons), EFP&MFDS, BDS(Mal)
Dr Tay is currently a General Dental Council registered Specialist in Periodontics and works mainly in private practice. She is a teacher as well as a clinical supervisor at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute.
Dr Tay qualified as a dentist in 2004 from the University of Malaya, Malaysia. Having exposed to different work experience including general dental practice and hospital based specialist units, she then completed her MFDS qualification from the Royal College of Surgeons (England) in 2008.
Thereafter she went for a 3-year full time specialist training focusing on Periodontology and Implant Dentistry at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute. She was also awarded a distinction for her Masters in Clinical Dentistry and a Certificate in Periodontology by the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP).
Dr Tay has extensive experience in managing advance gum disease as well as cosmetic reconstruction of smiles. Her main focus is on non-surgical and surgical periodontal treatment including periodontal regenerative approach using evidence based techniques. She also practices implant dentistry and she is also trained in managing peri-implant infection and diseases.
Dr Tay has also a keen interest in the areas of cosmetic reconstruction of smiles and this includes improving gummy smiles and reducing / eliminating gum recession. She works closely with her colleagues of other specialties to restore functional dentition and achieve aesthetically pleasing smiles.
Her approach to therapy is based on prevention and minimal intervention while ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Management of periodontal disease and peri-implant disease, including debridement and surgical therapy
- Periodontal regenerative surgery
- Periodontal maintenance
- Dental implants with or without grafting
- Aesthetic crown lengthening and gum contouring to achieve symmetrical smile line or improve gummy smile
- Removal of aberrant frenulum (frenotomy / frenectomy)
- Root coverage surgery to cover exposed root surfaces in areas with gum recession
- Increasing keratinised tissue or soft tissue correction around tooth and dental implant
- Extraction and socket preservation
- Gingival veneer
Please note: all new patient bookings will require a £60 deposit.
“… I wish to commend your staff for the excellent service they provided. I was struck by the punctuality, politeness and professionalism of all the staff at CGDP from the receptionist to the dentist…” – Patient